Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Bear for Me

After years of making jointed teddy bears for others, I bought a pricey half-yard of woven tipped-mohair to make one for myself. The fur sat around for awhile, but I finally started this project recently. However, it came to a standstill because I can no longer bend the cotter pins to make the joints. I'll get my husband to do it and post a photo of this important finish when it's done. I say important because I'm sure this is the last jointed teddy bear I will ever make. It needs to become a family heirloom! 


5 comments:

Rachael Farmer said...

He's going to be such a handsome bear! Can't wait to see him when he's finished. Hugs from Shroo:)xxx

Gene Black said...

He certainly looks good so far.

Penny said...

And a fun, fuzzy heirloom he shall be. Give him a hug from me after he is finished.

kathyinozarks said...

a special bear-he will be loved-hugs

Its All About Creating said...

Ha, we always say "the last one". Going to be really cute. He has character already.