Friday, May 1, 2015

Paper With Pressed Flowers Update

My handmade sheets of paper are dry this morning. As always happens after drying, paper colors are not as vivid. See the purple sheet (with no pressed flowers) and the dark blue sheet compared to yesterday's photo. This is expected, but what I was more eager to learn is which of the pressed flowers would hold their original color. Sadly, only the wild violets still show a bit of their original purple. The pink tree blossoms and forsythia have all turned brown. I guess I can still use these, but I'm disappointed. :(


6 comments:

Rachael Farmer said...

That paper is BEAUTIFUL! They're art in themselves just as they are xx

Penny said...

Oh, these are lovely! Even if you didn't get the colors you wanted -- they are perhaps the colors of the dried petals I see in the fall and winter. Still quite natural and very beautiful.

kathyinozarks said...

I agree-they are still beautiful and awesome. I was really into flower pounding on cloth for awhile-especially in the spring-the colors were gorgeous for awhile and then over a few months slowly went to browns-they were still lovely though in their new form just different-enjoy using these-hugs

Starr White said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're disappointed, but I think they're still lovely. They would make wonderful end papers for an art journal or nature diary.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, sorry the colors didn't keep. But what a great learning process. If I know you, a light bulb will go off and you will find a wonderful use for this lovely paper.
xx, Carol

Its All About Creating said...

Beautiful papers. Sometimes the piece has a mind of its own and what faded beauty will shine through. They are lovely.