Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Northeastern Storms

We had the worst storms last night I've ever seen in south Jersey including a tornado warning. I was home alone and went to the basement. The power is still out 20 hours later, and I heard it will take 2-4 days. That's the downside. The upside is I am now at our bay place (after driving around trees in roads) where I brought our perishable food this morning. It stormed here too, but power stayed on. Today is beautiful, and we are lucky to have this place. I'm just sharing a peaceful photo I took while enjoying the quiet at home last night after the storms passed. The only sound was my bamboo knitting needles. There's something very pure and peaceful about knitting by candlelight. 


7 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very nice picture. It really looks like it should be an advertisement for a movie or something. I love looking at it. Glad you weathered the storms. I guess we had one here, but I slept right through it.
xx, Carol

Gene Black said...

I know what you mean. I have spun yarn by the light of my oil lamp. It certainly gives you a new appreciation for our ancestors.

Penny said...

Beautiful sight and I'm so thankful that you're save in your 'second' nest.

Penny said...

Beautiful sight and I'm so thankful that you're save in your 'second' nest.

Starr White said...

There's a special kind of peacefulness that comes when the power is out, isn't there? Everything is so very quiet. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it a little bit.

Marlene Brady said...

Harkens back to pioneer days. I'm glad you had no damage and all is well.

Angela said...

Your storm is here today, and I heard that it wreaked much more havoc in your neck of the woods than it has here in Northwood, NH thus far. Glad that all is ok and that you are able to get your way back to you home on the shore.