Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Paper Making

This is the mold I use for making paper, ordered from Arnold Grummer Paper Making web site. It comes with instructions, or watch a YouTube video. 


After pressing things from nature, I embed them in the process, and this is a typical result. I made these yesterday, top to bottom, L to R: plain lavender paper, weeds and seeds in white paper, baby's breath and weeds in light lavender paper, wild violets in white, rose petals and leaves in white, onion skins and weeds in white, and rosemary leaves with rye seeds in pink paper. 


Finally, this blank note card (with the onion skins and weeds) is what I have done with most sheets of homemade paper. With blank envelopes it can be written on as is, or another sheet can be inserted for the writing, see last photo. 


Tracing or vellum paper works well for adding a writing sheet (thanks to Kathyinozarks for that tip!).


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the paper, such delicate designs

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is NOT the homemade paper my daughter made in elementary school!! Very lovely.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful papers Barbara, paper making is so fun to do too

Gene Black said...

I love the lavender papers and the rose petals papers best. You obviously are good at papermaking.

Penny said...

Looking good!!! Nice effects.

Penny said...

Looking good!!! Nice effects.

Marlene Brady said...

oooooooooo, I'm seriously tempted, but must contain myself! One more thing added to this studio and I'm in big trouble. But you make it look so easy and fun. And the results are stunning! Beautiful work as always.