Thursday, June 11, 2015

Rust Dyeing Again

This fabric sat overnight with vinegar and various sized rusty nuts and bolts. They came from our neighbor who is refurbishing a boat and who knows I'll take anything rusty. The result is the puppy dog front and center in my Rust-dyed Critter Gallery (second photo). I'm giving this one to my neighbor because it wouldn't exist without his help, and he has a very sweet Goldendoodle. I even embellished it with scraps of curly mohair left over from my ongoing teddy bear project.  It reminds me of his curly fur.



5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You get such great results and certainly have a knack of perfect pattern placement when creating your critters. Your pooch is perfect.
xx, Carol

Gene Black said...

Oh, he is so cute. I hope the neighbor loves him.

Barb said...

Pefect......you have such fun ideas

kathyinozarks said...

your rust dyed animals are just adorable! I love them all and always anxious to see what you make next-hugs

Marlene Brady said...

You come up with such whimsical details. I just love them! I'm a big fan of the circles; great results with the nuts and bolts.