Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Not A Quilt

Our almost 9 year-old grand-daughter likes to cook. So I made this tablecloth to go with the kids' cookbook we are giving on her birthday. The front has square prints of fruits, veggies, nuts, mushrooms, donuts, and candy that I sewed together with red sashings and black cornerstones. Then I added a wide vintage border. The second photo is teddy bears at home fabric on the back, a print her 3 year old sister will like. The two layers are secured with in-the-ditch stitching. She can use this when she cooks for her family. I may do more stitching to secure the two layers, but I'm feeling sewed out on this project right now. It has felt big and endless! 



7 comments:

  1. I have thought of using a quilt as a tablecloth...but not just making a tablecloth with backing. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with Gene she will love this for sure-especially since you made it

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll love it!! You're a really neat Grandma!! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. She'll love it!! You're a really neat Grandma!! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful and what a great memory. She will love it and treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!