Sunday, January 24, 2016

Disaster!

QA few posts back, you gave me great ideas for my husband's shrunken, felted sweater. I liked the purse suggestion, so I decided on a shape and cut into the felt. Barb, was it you who said it would be easy? Penny, was it you who suggested piecing it with other colors. Lol!!! I couldn't even succeed at using 1 piece and 1 color! Here you see the scraps about to go into the trash. I spent 2 days working on this, even broke a machine needle, and I never want to see these scraps again!


6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am so sorry. At least I don't think I made those suggestions.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh, I've been there!! That is probably why my shrunken sweater lays in the bottom of the hamper waiting to be rewashed and snipped into something "cool".
xx, Carol

Penny said...

Whoops!! Yes, that was me. I'm sorry. After my 'mouse misadventure' earlier this year I completely understand. When I actually put all my mistakes into the wastebasket I was so RELIEVED!! *smile*

bubbygigi said...

Was the felted fabric too thick? I'm sorry for your frustration.

Barb said...

Oh...so sorry....I have been known to be wrong...

Marlene Brady said...

Yep, I've been there, done that!