Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Watching a Spinner

I watched as a woman was spinning on a basic wheel at a craft event. Behind her was a rack of yarns offered for sale. Up front and center was a long hank I just had to buy. After all, it had my favorite colors! I brought it home, and using the video tutorial link Carol provided in her last blog post ("Beads and Birds" -- in my sidebar), I wound it into this fabulous "yarn cake" with the beginning yarn pulling from the center. It was fun, thanks Carol. Now I just need to start knitting with it! 


6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I need to get back to spinning. I generally use a yarn ball winder, but it was great to see how to do this when it isn't handy.

Villa-loredana said...

It's nice to learn the old crafts. Loredana

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Such pretty yarn. It looks very Pantone Color the year up to date. I love that I found that video!! It makes rolling hanks so easy. I look forward to seeing this yarn stitched.
xx, Carol

PS. thank you for continuing to blog.

Penny said...

What a good process to learn. It would have been piled in a heap forever in my studio *smile*. Lovely colors.

Penny said...

What a good process to learn. It would have been piled in a heap forever in my studio *smile*. Lovely colors.

Marlene Brady said...

What a great skill to have. Love it.