Monday, March 21, 2016

Yarn Stitched

Knitting with the hand-spun art yarn in my last post has yielded this piece of cloth. I have no plan, I just couldn't wait to see how it knitted up! I used size 15 needles to cast on 20 stitches, and have completed about 16 rows. I found a "drop stitch" pattern here (copy and paste, I can't make a hot link on my iPad):

http://kittygrrlz.blogspot.com/2008/11/knitting-with-hand-spun-art-yarn.html

I used that to create spaces between rows (see shadow) and show off this beautiful yarn. It also provides more length to a project. Maybe a fancy scarf?


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh wow!! That yarn is working up beautifully. Looks like a beautiful scarf to me!!
Happy Easter
xx, Carol

Penny said...

Your instincts were spot on! This yarn is knitting up beautifully with the colors all complimenting each other.

Penny said...

Your instincts were spot on! This yarn is knitting up beautifully with the colors all complimenting each other.

Marlene Brady said...

So impressive.