Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Gift From Kathyinozarks

This yarn arrived in today's mail embedded with some lavender twigs and buds that Kathy had grown. Of course, it had a lovely aroma! She enclosed a note calling this "newbie yarn" because she made it while learning to spin with a drop spindle. I call it "art yarn" instead, and I love the variations in thickness. Kathy sent it thinking it will felt nicely, and I believe she is right. I can't wait to turn it into a knitted and felted project. Thanks, Kathy, that project may be my next post!

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Wow.....great gift. newbie yarn is a treasure because it is one of a kind and you can't repeat it once you "learn how" to spin properly.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh wow! So pretty! This is going to make something really pretty!!
xx, Carol

Debra said...

This is just lovely!!! I've always preferred yarn with different textures. The colors are amazing too. I call this a winner-no one would know it's a newbie-awesome!!!

Barb said...

She knows you will do something awesome with the newbie yarn....can't wait to see what you do.