Sunday, August 14, 2016

My Last Teddy Bear

I've made dozens of teddy bears for others over the years. When I started to have problems handling the tools and hardware to make the joints a couple years ago, I decided I wanted to make just one more bear for myself. I shopped for just the right fur, and in spite of it being very expensive in a specialty bear shop, I fell in love with this "tipped woven mohair". I got my husband's help with the joints, made his paw pads and nose of wool felt, and put glass beads in his tushy for sitting weight. He will be great company in my sewing room!    

4 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

He is soooo adorable Barbara-I know you love him already! I love his face too looks like just wants to be picked up and hugged and cuddled. curious to see what your readers name him

Gene Black said...

I am not sure what to name him, but he is certainly adorable.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Theodore. Not because Teddy a nickname. But I knew a guy named Theodore when I was a kid. Other's teased him because of his name, but he was just a sweet sensitive guy so I vote for Theodore.

I made tiny teddys years ago when I did craft shows and sold them all. Never kept one for myself. Glad you made a Teddy friend to keep.
xx, Carol

Stacie Bebber said...

What a magnificent teddy bear, I love his fur! I'm so glad you made a special one to keep just for you.