Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Spinning, Knitting and Felting

I knitted these two small bowls with yarn that I spun on my drop-spindle. I learn more about this process every time I do it. The light vessel has yarn which I've decided is too bulky for knitting-in-the round small vessels. It was hard on my hands, but I persisted, added some beads and a dream-catcher, and achieved a bowl I hope my Grand-daughter will like. The other darker one also has bulky yarn spun by hand, but the aqua bottom is made of Kathyinozarks' thinner yarn. It was easier for me to handle, and I'll definitely be practicing spinning thinner yarn!

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, there is a lot of gratification in learning an art and perfecting your skill. The vessels look great. We MUST keep our hands busy!
xx, Carol

Gene Black said...

I have been spinning a good bit lately. But mine is spinning silk "fluff" onto a core yarn - and I do it on my wheel. I couldn't do that on either of my drop spindles.

kathyinozarks said...

I admire your stick-to-it ness!! and your little vessels always turned out so wonderful-what nice little gifts that are.

Debra said...

What a joy it must be to see your own yarn knitted so beautifully!

Marlene Brady said...

Yes, I can see what you are saying. Isn't it an adventure...the learning curves? Really gratifying figuring things out. they are beautiful.