Sunday, October 2, 2016

Not Perfect But Getting Better

Creating a center-pull ball of yarn using a "nostepinne" takes practice, just like everything else with drop-spindle spinning. Many things can serve as a nostepinne, even cardboard bathroom tissue rolls. This yarn was wound on a vintage weaving spool I happened to have. It makes a great nostepinne, but I still need much practice. If interested and that's a new word for some of you, google it. There's a short You Tube video that I like best.  

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Your centerpull ball looks great.
If you don't mind a suggestion - it looks to me like you need to put a little more spin into your plying.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm catching up after a weekend of moving my daughter. I don't know anything about spinning, but your yarn looks great to me! So glad you are enjoying your toys!!
xx, Carol

Debra said...

Such a pretty color of yarn-and you're right, that was a new word for me...

kathyinozarks said...

I don't have one of these tools-yet lol