Sunday, November 20, 2016

Vintage Quilt Restoration

I picked up a tattered, torn, and dirty quilt at a flea market a few years ago. After talking to the seller to get its story, then researching the info myself, I was able to make the nameplate in the first photo for the quilt back. The second photo shows a part of the quilt that the nameplate describes. For some reason, my iPad is balking at posting additional photos, so those (including one of the whole quilt) will come soon in a new post. 
 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

That is a true quilt made to keep warm in the winter. My maternal grandmother made quilts like this.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's pretty amazing to find an old quilt AND know it's story. Cool!!
xx, Carol

Debra said...

You have a real treasure-it is beautiful!

Penny said...

What a wonderful piece of history. Thank you for keeping it safe and well!!

Barb said...

That is totally awesome...a true treasure for sure..