Thursday, February 23, 2017

Finally Finished

This is the larger egg carton papier-mâché bowl a couple posts down. It's now laced with Gesso, used tea bags, Mod Podge and acrylic paints. Because someone commented below it looked "ancient", I painted something I hoped would look somewhat primitive. I'm not sure I like it a lot, but, oh well. It was a fun experiment that took some courage to show to all. Lol. I haven't done anything more with the smaller one yet. Please send suggestions, like don't do anything?!


7 comments:

  1. Being "me" I was expecting bright colors - Ha ha, because that is what I would have done.
    This definitely has a primitive "old" look to it.
    I don't have any suggestions for the other one - sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it Barbara! the crow was the perfect motif for primitive so its perfect.
    For your second piece-just do what feels right to you-your muse will help you hugs from the Ozarks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love this primitive 'olde' look. I can imagine a story of someone long ago making such a bowl, perhaps to put their left over threads in, or to hold shells or even dried petals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great vessel. I love the edges. I'm not familiar with this process. I'm going to enjoy reading your past posts and finding out more about your work.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Aloha,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I never say anything bird that I didn't like! You are right, that crow suits a primitive look. I'm sure your muse will guide you on painting the second one.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! This is just perfect!!! You have captured primitive in all aspects here-let me say-this is a wonderful piece. I truly think you should pursue this art form-I can tell you are unsure about it-but I LOVELOVE LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! And once again we're on the same wavelength--I've been thinking/writing a lot about cave paintings lately. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments very much -- thanks for visiting!