Monday, March 27, 2017

Easy Recipe

This is not to eat (that would be cooking, not my thing ;). But if you like to use Lip Balm, it's easy to make your own.

LIP BALM RECIPE

1 part melted Beeswax (craft stores in candle-making aisle)

2 parts melted Coconut Oil
A few drops Vitamin E Oil

Melt Beeswax in a microwaveable measuring cup. Add coconut oil and melt again (be careful, it will be hot). Add Vitamin E oil, mix well. Pour into little pots to have handy in various locations. I keep one in my kitchen, bathroom and purse, then store the rest in a larger container. Refrigeration not necessary.

I've never added essential oils, but I may try adding a drop or two of Lavender next time.

10 comments:

Penny said...

Oh my gosh -- a 'girl' after my own heart! I don't cook either! Gave it up a few years ago and have never looked back *smile*.

Debra said...

Me too-about cooking-but I may try it again some day! I think I could do the balm-sounds like fun!

Debbie said...

I don't cook since the other half retired such a relief not to have to think up recipes every night. Thanks for this recipe though Barbara, I think I might manage it, where do you get vitamin E oil from.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I find any excuse I can not to cook. I used to laugh when Terry's Dad told us that his Uncle Bob used to go to any event that gave a free meal with a promotion. Like test drive a car and get a free BBQ chicken dinner. I haven't gone THAT far, but sometimes I am tempted, lol. I had forgotten that you used to make your own soaps etc. I may try this one!
xx, Carol

Debra said...

Barbara-I thought I'd answer your question here-the wood was from our willow tree-we have LOTS of dead stuff to pick up!

Hunter said...

That balm looks as though it would feel so soothing. (Can you tell my lips are chapped from the beach?)

Thank you so much for sharing. We're having frozen dinners out of the freezer for dinner. Lol.

Hunter

kathyinozarks said...

thanks I love making things like this-I did do a double take when a saw recipe lol lol

kathyinozarks said...

wow reading through the comments I didn't realize so many don't like to or don't cook anymore--dumb question how do you all eat? lol

Gene Black said...

I have never made lip balm. I need to try it. I love making soap (cold process) and I have made lotion bars. It looks great.

Barb said...

I have made some before...now if I can just find it....thanks for the recipe