Saturday, March 25, 2017

Not Realism

I followed used tea bag lines with acrylic paints until an image started to appear. After 10 minutes I saw a bear, but then it quickly became a dog. The red/purple color is from an herbal tea bag that bled into the regular black tea bags while drying in a bowl. The highlight in his left eye was actually a small tear in the tea bag paper, but it worked. Once done, I tore way the straight edges and mounted it on a sheet of hand-made paper. Mod Podge or Matte Medium is good for doing this.

Sometimes the plain sheet of paper I use to protect my desktop from paint seeping through thin tea bag paper is as interesting as the original!

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I see a dog, but his human calls him Bear and loves him dearly.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gosh yes, Gene Black!! I sure hope you are having fun with this technique and will continue for a bit. I love this piece, but I never saw a dog/bear I didn't love.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

Barbara you are so good with this art form-loving it!

kathyinozarks said...

excellent Gene love that

Hunter said...

I see a dog named Bear, too! I love the technique and the outcome. His nose is perfect.

Thanks for sharing.

Hunter

Debra said...

This is absolutely wonderful. You indeed are an artist. Please keep doing this art form-you have much to teach us all. I love this!!!!!!