Thursday, March 30, 2017

Still Papier Mache and Tea Bags

I had no plan and don't know what else to call her, so "Art Doll" will have to do. She evolved from a wire and masking tape armature under 4 layers of papier mache and used tea bags from herbal and black teas. She has glass bead eyes and is about 7" tall. These figures take a long time to create as each layer must dry overnight. Her hair made me think she could be "Kokopelli", a Native American fertility deity, but she would need to be depicted in profile with a flute. I don't want to try making a papier mache and tea bag flute!

8 comments:

Hunter said...

What a beautiful face!

And I love the movement in her dress.

Does she have a name? She is so sweet, I'd have to name her.

Thank you for sharing and for posting today. You really brightened up my morning.

Aloha,
Hunter

Gene Black said...

you have done a great job of making her. The face has an emotional feel that is hard to get in sculpture or painting.

Barb said...

Gene is right about the face it does evoke an emotional feel....what inspires you?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think she looks like she could be Gumby's girlfriend. He's been waiting for many years for just the right woman. But I think Mr. Bill has his eye on her too!
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

I agree with Gene, and I love her--no flute?? lol that would be cool though-but she is perfect the way she is

Debra said...

Carol-what a nut!!! She does have a lovely expression-you seem right in your element with the tea bag art. I love the earthy colors and your sculpting ability seems natural. Hope you continue to be able to do this because you are really good at it!!!

Penny said...

I love her! She looks happy, but thoughtful as if she's asking 'what's the next step?' - but I don't think she needs a 'next step'!

Debbie said...

She is kind of cute and I love her headdress