Tuesday, March 7, 2017

This Still Works!

I'm filling in here with what I can still do until I get the whole story on my hands. Making paper is creative and fulfilling, and I really enjoy doing it! The tan sheet top left was made from a common grocery store brown bag. The others are from various pieces of junk mail infused with lavender buds, dried rosemary, a few spices, and early blooming weeds collected while walking. The red bits were added in the last few seconds of pulp-making so they would not entirely break up. All of these sheets will become either notecards or backing for some other kind of art (like used teabags)!

4 comments:

Hunter said...

What beautiful paper! I was going to say the bottom center and bottom right are my favorites, but then the others called out and refused to be slighted. LOL.

Sending good thoughts and Maui Magic healing your way.

Aloha,
Hunter

Gene Black said...

Your papers are just great. you really have that process down.

Debra said...

Lovely papers. I'm so sorry you are having trouble with your hands! I do pray you will find relief for them-and I think doing art is always good therapy. Loved your story about watching the birds from a boat! :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, they ARE lovely. I and YOU are happy to be remaining creative. Are these pieces cut to size, or are they formed in a tray of some sort? They are so pretty.
xx, Carol